LESS INGREDIENTS, that is...
It's my new mission in life to create a cookbook filled with delicious and hearty recipes which feature just three main ingredients (not including pantry staples like EVOO, S+P, etc.)
Here are two of my new favorites:
Haricot Verts with Lemon Ricotta
Haricot Verts (about 1 cup)
Reduceed Fat Ricotta Cheese (about 1/2 cup)
1 Lemon, zest grated plus a few wedges for presentation
1. Zest your lemon. Whip ricotta, lemon zest, some S+P and EVOO until well combined and smooth
2. Toss your Haricot Verts in some EVOO, S+P and then blacken to cook by baking in the oven at 425° for about 30 minutes
3. Serve your Haricot Verts atop your lemon ricotta spread + enjoy
NY Strip Steak Salad with Avocado + Grilled Pineapple
1.5-2lbs NY Strip steak
1 Pineapple, in large cubes
Baby Kale/Arugula/Spinach for the bed of your serving dish
1. S+P your steaks on both sides. Let them sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or up to 90 minutes.
2. Take a few Pineapple cubes and purée them, adding some S+P, EVOO, crushed red pepper, and 1/8 cup of water. This will be your dressing. Refrigerate it and save it for later.
3. Grill the remaining Pineapple on med-high heat on a grill or on a grill pan. Place Pineapple on your bed of greens. If using a grill pan, rinse and dry it, prepping to cook your steaks
4. Dice your avocados by first cutting them in half and pitting them. Make your dicing grid while they're still in the shell and then scoop it out with a spoon. Spread over your bed of greens.
5. Cook your steaks. Oil your grill pan with EVOO and let it heat up a bit; cook steaks on medium high, about 6-8 minutes per side. Once finished, let the steaks rest for about 10 minutes before de-boning, carving and serving over your bed of greens.